Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rounds 9 & 10

A good place to fill in some gaps in your lineup, whether it be offense or defense.  If a good player is still available, or if you're not confident in a previous choice, maybe you are thinking of filling your bench or platooning a player.  At this point, your team should be coming into focus.

The Turtles pick(s) - At this point in the draft, I only have the SS and util position to fill up.  I have already looked at all the other rosters and the available SS still remaining.  Every team at this point has already drafted a SS and the one that I have in my Q is someone I never heard of from KC who is pretty irrelevant, but hey, he had 26 SB last year and is young and KC's offense is improving.  I figure there is no way anyone will take him as a util or bench player, so at this point I will go all pitching till somewhere near the end in which case I'll take my SS.  I also had my eye on Konerko or Crisp for I see no real point in having anyone on my bench.  If I have an injury I'll pick someone up or maybe trade.  All my spare roster spots will go to pitching.  This late in the draft you have to figure that the top 10-13 SP and top 5-7 RP are all snagged up.  This is where I was looking at websites the most besides Y! and ESPN.  All things considered, it looks like most sites have the same overall pitchers from 12-25, just in a different order.  Plenty of these pitchers are still available and come off the board here.  Mine were just as good as anyone else's pick for SP here, or just as bad if you're a half empty type of person.  Bumgarner gets the nod for me though just cause I like to say his name, and deep down inside you do as well.  Shields had 200+ SO, 16 wins and a sub 2.90ERA last year.  I'd take those numbers with a 4th round pick in most years.

Stretch pick(s) - If I renamed this stretcher pick it would not matter for Potato's pick of Victor Martinez.  Players may not be added till the 26th of March, but I suspect this will be one of the first drops of the year.  Don't feel bad though Hutch, I didn't know he was out for the whole year either, I just thought he was supposed to start on the DL.  Perhaps you can pick up Veritek to replace him.

Other pick(s) - JP Made a homer pick with Clay, could work out nicely though.
Alex Gordon and Eric Hosmer will knock in my future SS plenty of times, so these picks are worthy.
CJ Wilson typically has a fantastic first half and a mediocre second half, maybe playing in the pitcher friendly park in Anaheim will help..Also a little cooler there than TX.  B.inge takes two players who are injury prone.  More relievers coming off the board, which still makes me happy.  I'll take the scraps later pretty much for free and uncontested while you all let me draft better players.

Top pick(s) - Many players have a sophomore slump only to bounce back and have great years.  I think Bobby V's pick of Heyward is that player this year.  With Chipper on the way out and the top notch young pitchers in Atlanta, Heyward should fly under the radar.  No real pressure there and eventually soon the Bravos are going to need a new face of the franchise.  Round 10 to pick a C in a high powered offense.  I only see Avila getting better, nice pick here WWW.

No comments:

Post a Comment