Saturday, March 24, 2012

Round 2

Reversing direction we all get to further solidify our foundation.  Nothing but fantasy studs picked here.  Again, most of the ADP is pretty close to Yahoo! and ESPN and personal knowledge...most.

The Turtles Pick - Okay, remember how I said in my first round analysis I was giving serious consideration to Cano, based purely on his 2B status?  Can you imagine how surprised and thrilled I was that he fell to me here?  Many of you may not agree with me and just go for players with better overall numbers, but he can rival most anyone left on the board in 4/5 of the offensive categories and he plays a position that I usually end up giving up on till the end of the draft.  I know I'm not following my traditional 5-tool players strategy here, but I cannot possibly pass on him twice in a row.  At this point, my pre-draft strategy of going with what worked last year (draft up the best pitchers early) is out the window and I am treading on new ground.  This is the first time in memory that it looks like I will be abandoning pitching or pure 5-tool players to stock up on power.

Stretch pick(s) - Sorry Rock Vegas, but I think Granderson before both Upton and CarGo is a stretch.  The only Yankee who will have a productive fantasy year is Cano, period.

Other pick(s) - Gonzo, Halladay, Cargo, Upton, Prince and Longoria are all safe picks and earn my seal of approval.  Even Granderson is a good 2nd rounder, I just thought the other two mentioned above would go first, again, this is only my opinion.  Most likely this comment will bite me in the ass when Granderson hits .280 and knocks in 40/120 and steals 25.  We'll see.

Best pick(s) - The only two not mentioned this round so far are the two SS.  I debated whether to put these two in the stretch pick category based purely upon their health in recent years, particularly Ramirez.  However, I think there is a new attitude down there in Miami (as much as I despise the state of Florida) and a new (winning) manager, new stadium, hell they even have new uniforms.  So I'm going to give these two the benefit of the doubt that they will play more than 50 games this year and more like 150 which makes these two the 2nd and 3rd best SS and the last worth drafting until a lot later.  If they spend significant time on the DL, they will be labeled as my bust-of-the-year and forever placed on my "do not draft list"


No comments:

Post a Comment