Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rounds 11 & 12

A nice mix of some has-been's, some will-be's and some wanna-be's.  This is where I would expect to see teams start to draft those not-so-deep positions of 2B, C, SS.  If I were to pick a RP, this is where I would consider it.  Still mostly filling in roster spots here with acceptable players.

The Turtle's pick(s) - B.inge took Matt Moore right from under me, Bastard!  I was surprised to see him still available as many sites have him as top 15 SP even though he has RP status.  Oh well, I'll have to settle for Ricky Romero and Matt Garza.  Like I stated earlier, pitchers left on the board are pretty equal to this point, but I feel these are two more SP that fit my team well: high strikeouts.  Both will finish close to 200 with acceptable whip and era.  I wish Garza was good for more wins, but playing in Chicago will do that.  Romero pitching against the Rays, Yanks, and Red Sox about a billion times this year is a little concerning, but he did it last year and still had a sub 3.00 ERA. Another note, I had my eye on Dee Gordon SS for the Dodgers and figured no one would take him since you all had SS already filled.  B.inge screwed me over for a second time in a row by picking his util to bolster his steals.  Well played Rodday.

Stretch pick(s) - As soon as R & R took Weiters to fill his catching position, the only one left without a catcher on his roster was Potatoes and B.inge.  Also if you compare all the catchers that are still on the board, there is very little difference, if any, between the next 3 or 4 available.  Maybe I'm looking into this too deep as it is hard to really call anyone who is not on the DL a stretch at this point, but I do look at other rosters as we get deeper into the draft to see if positions are filled, like I did with SS.  If a weak position is filled or nearly filled on every team, and no real talent left at that position, why not just put him in your Q and draft him last.  How many of us are going to take another weak C as our util? none.  I will bring this up again  when b.inge does finally pick up his C as well.

Other pick(s) - Those 12-25 pitchers still going here.  Hoppy makes Homer picks.  He could end up with the entire roster.  Chin hoping a Yankee can get him some steal.  Did I mention that no Yankee except for Cano will produce any fantasy value, period.

Best pick(s) - Matt Moore based upon his short stint last year and he also has RP status allowing you to use go 6 deep in SP if you ever needed it.  Gio Gonzalez by WWW. Good young pitcher, decent young team spending money to get better.  Ricky Weeks Bobby V Squad.  Getting some quality numbers this late in the draft proves that waiting for some of the weak positions can pay off and strengthen your other positions at the same time.  I may be a bit of a homer here, but Josh Beckett by R&R.  After what happened last year I almost hope this guy gets run over by a truck full of chicken and beer, but it's not like he acted alone.  He merely is the only one who will not admit what he did that I don't like.  If he has a year like last, drop him in August and thank him for the great first 3 months, well worth a 12 rounder.

No comments:

Post a Comment